On a Friday afternoon in 2013, a prior client reached out to CEO Founder Donald E. Rosemann about a potential senior housing project in Colorado Springs, CO. On Monday, Don hopped on a plane to visit the site and by Wednesday, our crew was on the job designing MorningStar at Bear Creek, a senior living assisted living and memory care community.
Since 2008, Rosemann leadership had been encouraged by the explosive growth in the Denver region and saw it as a prime spot not only to foster expansion but to also continue sharping the firm’s unwavering principle of commitment to serving our clients. The MorningStar Bear Creek project provided the perfect launching pad for a formal Denver presence for the firm. Coupled with Don’s son Nathan’s prior three-year residency in Denver working in architecture, Nathan permanently relocated and soon established Rosemann’s Denver office out of his apartment on December 23, 2013.
Our success on that first project led to strong conversations with other local developers, generating the continued opportunities that spurred the Denver office’s organic and steady growth. Subsequently, Nathan hired Zach Callaway for design and drafting in January 2014, followed closely by Kerrie Kannberg as Project Architect that May. In December 2014, Rosemann humbly displayed our first official sign on the door of 2809 Larimer Street in RiNo.
Since then, Rosemann Denver has continued to grow its staff to a total staff of nine with one principal-in-charge, three project architect, three designers/drafters, one design consultant, and a director of business development. We relocated to the current office location at 3343 Larimer Street in June 2020.
Today, Rosemann Denver is ambitiously focused on its national client base and building strong, strategic partnerships to advance the firm’s extensive résumé of affordable and LIHTC, market rate multi-family, senior living (affordable, independent, assisted, and memory care), and student housing design. Historic?
Here are just a few Rosemann unmatched designs to view in the Colorado region.
- The Village at Belmar | Lakewood, CO
- Modena Cherry Creek | Denver, CO
- MorningStar Assisted Living & Memory Care of Fort Collins | Fort Collins, CO
- MorningStar Assisted Living & Memory Care of Wheat Ridge | Wheat Ridge, CO
- MorningStar Senior Living of Arvada | Arvada, CO
- MorningStar at Bear Creek | Colorado Springs, CO
- Capella of Grand Junction | Grand Junction, CO
- Applewood Place Assisted Living | Littleton, CO
- Springs at Sandstone Ranch | Longmont, CO
- Springs at Allison Valley | Colorado Springs, CO
- Springs at 2534 | Johnstown, CO
- Holly Park Senior Living | Centennial, CO
- Applewood Pointe of Westminster | Westminster, CO